Educate your audience with ease for all
Use the Information Presenter to help educate your audience, and maintain their knowledge.
ProblemThere are two pillars in education in terms of pure knowledge.
- Acquiring of new knowledge. Traditionally new knowledge it gained by systematic studding. However, in today's busy world, people are often too busy to spend time to learn anything outside of their domain of work, even though many would love to.
- Keeping of already gained knowledge. Not using or practicing knowledge usually leads to forgetting it. Often, if a person only thinks about it, they might feel that they still remember it. However, only after a review with a text on the subject do they realize that they have begun or already have forgotten it.
SolutionThe Information Presenter provides the ideal solution for an app to help people to gain new knowledge and keep the one that they already have.
Generic editions - suitable for all organizations.
Any edition of the Information Presenter enabled to display online slides can help people to build and keep their knowledge. In these cases the important part is the quality of the slide library of the edition.
Your own "Study" edition - suitable for Schools and Universities.
Main features relevant for a "Study" edition:
- Your own "Study" edition of the Information Presenter will allow your students to learn continuously, one item at a time, consciously and subconsciously, as well as keep their knowledge, find gaps in it, and correct them. It will also allow you to broadcast messages/adverts to your students.
- The app will provide parents with a tool for a better parental control, since they can also use the app, and be able to see what, and how, is taught to their children.
- Teachers create online slides from their notes at the end of the day or week, or reuse existing slides. Students can also create slides as home or course work, which the teacher only approves and makes available to view through the app.
Web-portal - all customer editions include an online portal.
- For editions able to display online slides, the online portal is also used to add and edit the online slides.
- The online portal allows you to display messages through the app.
Ability to display local slides - neutral position.
- On one hand we do not recommend for a "Study" editions to include the ability to display local slides as some students may use it inappropriately.
- However, on another hand some students may develop their own slides, e.g. take photos of the pages of their own notebooks, which they can view as local slides and will be very beneficial for them. Thus there is also a good reason to include the ability to display local slides.
Ability to display online slides - mandatory.
The "Study" edition should provide lots of information form the school's online slide library.
User authentication and group membership - mandatory.
User authentication and group membership is mandatory for study editions as it is used to select and display the appropriate slides to the students.
Ability to display adverts - all customer editions include it.
The edition is able to display all three types of adverts. In the context of a school adverts are general school messages, as well as invitations to school events, messages from student clubs, etc.
License - typically licensed to the school.
- When display of local slides is not enabled, then the license is always corporate to the institution, i.e. to the school.
- When display of local slides is enabled, then the license is usually granted to the end user.
Physical media - no physical media.
Download from the school website. The software will work only with authenticated users registered with the school's online slide library, i.e. students of the school.
The Information Presenter "Study" editions for schools and universities are designed to:
- Enable continuous learning.
- Help students to maintain their knowledge.
- Help students discover gaps in their knowledge
- Improve the quality of new learning due to reminding them the material from the previous years.
- Help students learn by participating in the teaching process.
- Receive acknowledgment for participating in the teaching process.
- Enable teachers to provide unlimited, structured, search-able, and persistent information.
- Complement the schools’ website and other teaching aids.
- Can help involve students in extracurricular activities of the school, etc.
- Peer-to-peer explanations.
- The spacing effect.
- Frequent practice tests.
- Interleave concepts.
- Combine text with images.
For most types of organizations, such as museums, parks, resorts, corporations, and businesses, the Information Presenter enables people to learn facts on a subject which is of interest to them, without effort while enjoying quick momentary breaks. Over time this builds up their education. For schools and universities, particularly, students use the software to revise and discover gaps in their knowledge throughout the year, by simply clicking on it from time to time while working on other projects on their computer. However, for some subjects, such as languages, the software can also serve as a primary learning tool e.g. for new words and phrases. Also note that the app slides can link to, as well as contain links to external websites, yours or otherwise, where the users can find additional information related to the slide.
Brief presentations of the Information Presenter in the context of a middle/high school.
- Implements the "Peer-to-peer explanations" - a scientifically proven learning strategy ⇳
Quoting edutopia.org this learning strategy is: "When students explain what they've learned to peers, fading memories are reactivated, strengthened, and consolidated." The Information Presenter implements this learning strategy by allowing students to create slides. For example, as home or course work. The teacher only approves and makes the slides available to view through the app. In addition if you enable the built in property "author of the slide" or add another similar custom property. Then other students will know whom of their friends to ask about the subject. [close]
Implements the "Spacing effect" - a scientifically proven learning strategy ⇳
Quoting edutopia.org this learning strategy is: "Instead of covering a topic and then moving on, revisit key ideas throughout the school year." The Information Presenter implements this learning strategy by virtue of its operation. Whenever the student opens a slide, it will contain some material learned in the past. [close]
Implements the "Frequent practice tests" - a scientifically proven learning strategy ⇳
Quoting edutopia.org this learning strategy is: "Akin to regularly reviewing material, giving frequent practice tests can boost long-term retention and, as a bonus, help protect against stress, which often impairs memory performance." The frequent practice tests – you can get the students to create slides, and the teachers only create test slides. [close]
Implements the "Interleave concepts" - a scientifically proven learning strategy ⇳
Quoting edutopia.org this learning strategy is: "Instead of grouping similar problems together, mix them up." The Information Presenter implements this learning strategy by virtue of its operation. Whenever the student opens a slide, it will contain material on some subject learned in the past. [close]
Implements the "Combine text with images" - a scientifically proven learning strategy ⇳
Quoting edutopia.org this learning strategy is: "It’s often easier to remember information that’s been presented in different ways, especially if visual aids can help organize information." The Information Presenter implements this learning strategy by allowing you to easily create document slides containing text, images, video and audio. Additionally you can create any number of slides of different types for each particular point of interest. [close]
Enable students to learn by topic. ⇳
Student can request the app to display all slides that mention a certain term, e.g. the Pythagorean Theorem. The app will then display all slides, which include that term added to the library throughout the studies of the students. Including any problems' solutions in this particular case, which were added to the slide library. [close]
- Enable users to learn in a continuous way without conscious effort. ⇳
Provide an edition of the app to your students or public. Using the software, they will be able to view your content in the best way and at any time. With just a click they will be able to view and learn new things, or remind themselves of facts they already know. By providing video, document and image slides, with attached to them properties, you can continuously help increase their knowledge. One bit after another, with every slide they see. Undoubtedly, they will appreciate this. The app can be a key tool for languages studies where memorizing and remembering of words is fundamental. [close]
Enable students to revise the material they studied throughout the year without effort. ⇳
As the app works a student (or a user) can open the current slides to view its content, thus they can easily revise and confirm what they already know. [close]
- Enable students to find gaps in their knowledge throughout the year without effort. ⇳
As a student (or a user) opens slides to view its content, they may realize that they have missed to learn or forgotten a particular topic. Then, they can fill the gap in their knowledge from the slide, if all information is presented there, or go to the webpage of the slide if one is provided and learn it from there. [close]
Provide comprehensive information for each item through multiple slides and properties. ⇳
You can add as many slides to your slide library as you wish. The software will deliver your content to your audience. The web interface for adding and editing slides is simple and intuitive yet powerful and allows - no IT skills are required.
- The app supports three types of slides: image, video (and audio), and document slides containing text, images, video, audio, links, etc.
- An item can have multiple slides of all types to show and discuss it from different points of view without becoming repetitive or boring.
- Slides can have any number of properties attached to them, to provide information about the item, such as history, materials, price, etc.
- Each slide should contain a single point of interest as opposed to try to cram all possible information on a subject.
- You can link slides to webpages to enable the user to get more information or take action by following the link.
Make the information available and easily accessible to the user at all times. ⇳
Since the Information Presenter app is (usually) always visible on the desktop, the user can glance it at any time. If the mini-slide attract his attention, then he can open the current slide with a click. [close]
- Help students to gain better knowledge and higher marks through continuous revision throughout the year. ⇳
Schools and universities build their slide libraries as they find would be most beneficial for their students. For example, by year of study, then by subjects, then by week, or by phenomena, and so on. They can also have multiple hierarchies with different ways of structuring of the information simultaneously. The school may start each academic year with an empty slide library which tutors and students build in due course. Slides are added each week as it passes. A similar but better approach is for each class to continuously build their section of the slide library from start to finish of their studies. In this case the enrollment years are roots in which classes placed all their slides. This will allow all students to have their slides available to them throughout their studies, and be able to reference and revise material that they studied in the previous years. [close]
Enable graduated students to maintain their knowledge in the following years by keeping their student accounts and access. ⇳
Schools and universities, can help their graduates to maintain their knowledge which they gained while studding with them. They can do this by keeping the section of the slide library which they build during their studies online even after they graduate, and also allow them to continue to use the app. [close]
Create bonds, trust, and gratitude between the user and your organization. ⇳
This will be a natural effect of gratitude for the received knowledge and consequent successes. [close]
- * Not all benefits apply to all organizations, and not all potential benefits may be listed.
- Museums, art galleries and science centers.
- Resorts, hotels, cruises, tour operators, travel agencies, and municipalities.
- Parks, gardens, nature reserves, zoos and aquariums.
- Schools, universities and libraries.
- Corporations, s.a. automotive, etc.
- Fashion designers.
- Communities and churches.
- Other types of businesses and organizations.