Attract new and returning visitors, guests, and customers
Provide a free community edition of the Information Presenter to attract visitors, guests, and customers.
ProblemIt is hard for organizations the establish connections with new customers. The Internet provides some tools; however, it is full of choices and distractions. Even if people navigate to your website and consider buying your product or pay you a visit, they may get distracted before then. The reasons for this are many and complex, some of them include:
Internet traffic comes mostly from search engines.
Web-users most commonly navigate the Internet using search, currently reported at 93%. Direct entry to a website occurs only when the user already knows the exact address and has a particular reason to visit it, which is rare.
A non-top-first-page search engine result is useless.
In the past, users explored the first few pages from search results. However, reportedly as of now, only 5% of users get to the second page. Thus, the competition for the presence on the first page of the search engine results has grown to be enormous. Even worst, many users follow only the top visible search results, which are usually paid ads.
Website SEO is more or less 'magic' which can also backfire.
Search engines keep their algorithms secret. Thus "the science" behind SEO are recommendations, suppositions, mythology, and anecdotes. Further, from time to time, search engines change their algorithms. This can make a website SEO useless, and the website necessary to redo.
The great contradiction between content size vs. search results.
Sheena Iyengar and Mark Lepper found in a 2000 study that too much choice is counterproductive. Barry Schwartz's explains this in Harvard Business Review. However, you must provide much content since search engines require a lot of content to raise your website score. Thus, on the one hand, sites must provide as much information as possible, because of how users navigate the Internet using search engines. Still, too much information is counterproductive and puts off the visitors once they arrive on your website. For example, consider a jewellery website with thousands of gorgeous items - what would you choose? Most people browse for a few minutes and then simply close the browser.
The only sure way to be visited is via a paid advert.
A search including a specific name, and/or is localized, and/or is in a non-competitive domain may have a good chance to produce a first-page result. However, in most cases, the only sure way for organizations to see themselves on top of search results is via paid adverts.
Web design is expensive, with exponentially increasing costs.
As content on a website increases, it becomes complex to make it accessible. Further, restructuring of existing content can lead to user frustration due to broken links.
Websites do not offer a quick random view of their content.
Suppose that an art museum has an extensive set of images that they wish to display on their website, despite the possibly astronomical costs. A person interested in art cannot "just" click and see a new fantastic painting and learn about it on their website. Instead, they must (1) think of looking at a new picture. They (2) open a browser, (3) navigate to the organization's website, (4) search for something new, and (5) repeat four until find something not seen already. The process costs to the user a lot of effort and time, so they are unlikely to do it. Thus, most organizations do not make extensive online libraries of their items as it would be very expensive and very unproductive.
SolutionProvide a free community edition of the Information Presenter to attract visitors, guests, and customers.
Your "Community" edition - suitable for most organizations.
Main features relevant for a "Community" edition:
- The "Community" edition of the Information Presenter will let you share information with people who are interested in your artifacts, offers, products or organization. It will also allow you to broadcast adverts to your audience.
- It will also allow you to share photos and information, create connection with future and current customers, advance your cause, and earn income.
Web-portal - all customer editions include an online portal.
- Use the online portal to add, edit, delete, and manage the online slides.
- Use the online portal to add, edit, delete, and manage the adverts and messages through the app.
Ability to display local slides - disabled.
"Community" editions do not display local slides.
Ability to display online slides - mandatory.
"Community" editions can always display online slides, as this is their key feature and main objective. The organization should add the content to their online slide library from where the app will show it to the users. Note: if an organization has both "Community" and "Membership" editions, then the "Community" edition should have lesser number and/or lower quality of image slides. This will provide incentive for people to become members if they wish to see the better quality images.
User group capabilities - no.
Membership in user groups is not appropriate for this edition type.
Ability to display adverts - all customer editions include it.
The edition can display all three types of adverts and messages.
License - licensed to the organization.
The end user does not receive a license code. There is no limit on how many installations and active users can use the app.
Physical media - no.
"Community" editions usually use only digital download. The organization can print cards with the download address to advertise it to its in-house visitors.
A community edition of the Information Presenter can help resolve or ease the difficulties listed in the problems section. For example, traffic will now also come from the users of the app, thus easing the search engine related difficulties. Also, you can add as much information to your app slide library as you wish, without making it heavy and confusing to the user, or swamping them in choices. Adding new data or rearranging your slide library does not require any IT skills. Your users can have quick breaks to see and learn new things from your content, etc, etc.
The community edition of the Information Presenter creates a simple and beneficial relationship between organizations and their audiences.
- Keep the organization and the user in continuous connection.
Educate users in a slow-pace but continuous way while advancing the cause of the organization. ⇳
By providing video, document and image slides, with attached to them properties, you can continuously educate your audience. One bit of knowledge after another, with every slide they see. Undoubtedly, they will appreciate this. This applies to every kind of organization. For example, an automotive company can educate people about cars, their history, how they operate, etc. A resort can teach people about the local geography, history, customs, food recipes, and so on. [close]
Provide comprehensive information for each item through multiple slides and properties. ⇳
You can add as many slides to your slide library as you wish. The software will deliver your content to your audience. The web interface for adding and editing slides is simple and intuitive yet powerful and allows - no IT skills are required.
- The app supports three types of slides: image, video (and audio), and document slides containing text, images, video, audio, links, etc.
- An item can have multiple slides of all types to show and discuss it from different points of view without becoming repetitive or boring.
- Slides can have any number of properties attached to them, to provide information about the item, such as history, materials, price, etc.
- Each slide should contain a single point of interest as opposed to try to cram all possible information on a subject.
- You can link slides to webpages to enable the user to get more information or take action by following the link.
- Reduce web-development costs, enabling a simpler yet more efficient website of the organization. ⇳
You can add as much information to your slide library as you want, including multiple slides of any kind to show and discuss each data item from different points of view. No IT skills are required to create or edit slides. [close]
- Reduce search engine dependence and costs for not always efficient but expensive ads. ⇳
By using the app you could decrease your investment in Google adverts. [close]
- Increase your profit by reducing costs spend on broker websites s.a. travelsupermarket.com. ⇳
By using the app you could decrease your investment in websites like travelsupermarket.com, etc.. [close]
Enable elegant and unobtrusive advertising, promotions, and information sharing. ⇳
Use the software to let your audience know about events and offerings which may interest them. You can provide three types of advertisements/messages in an elegant and non-obtrusive way.
- Menu adverts - these are embedded menu commands in the main app menu. The system default browser will load the webpage linked to the advert if the user selects it.
- Overlay adverts - these are messages displayed at the bottom of image slides. The user can navigate to a webpage linked to the note with a single command.
- Slide adverts - these are ordinary image, video, and document slides, but designated as "adverts". You can tell the software to display a slide advert after displaying a certain number of ordinary slides. [close]
- Enable direct online sales from your website through webpages associated with slides. ⇳
Associate the URL of your sales webpages on your website to the slides that you add to your app slide library. The user will be able to navigate the sales webpages with a click from the app when the slide is displayed. [close]
- Show all your items, solve the problem with insufficient physical and unusable website space. ⇳
Many organizations, such as museums, often have insufficient physical space to display all of their items. This limits the visitor's experience, as only a fraction of objects are displayed at a time. Thus, museums have to rotate the exhibited items. We already discussed the difficulties when adding too many photos on a website. However, you can add an unlimited number of slides for all your items to the slide library of your edition of the Information Presenter. This, in fact, will significantly enrich and adding value to it, as opposed to making it heavy and confusing, which will be the case with a website. [close]
Make the information available and easily accessible to the user at all times. ⇳
Since the Information Presenter app is (usually) always visible on the desktop, the user can glance it at any time. If the mini-slide attract his attention, then he can open the current slide with a click. [close]
Provide enjoyment and learning to the user through information and content that they enjoy. ⇳
By providing many beautiful photos of your "things" through the software, you will allow your audience to enjoy what they love. If you provide some information with the image slides, as well as video and document slides, your audience will also learn over time without putting any conscious effort for that. [close]
- Provide better viewer experience for the user than that of a browser in both quality and richness. ⇳
The app viewer ensures a much better experience when viewing images than using a browser and other image viewers. By providing many beautiful photos of your "things" through the software, you will allow your audience to enjoy what they love with just a mouse click. [close]
- Save time to the user from not chasing search engines and low-quality content.
Since the Information Presenter app is (usually) always visible on the desktop, the user can glance it. If the mini-slide attracts their attention, or the user wants to make a momentary break, then they can open the current slide with a click. Further, they can visit your website from the slide with another click. [close]
- Save money to the user due to the education they receive and educated purchases in the future.
For resorts, hotels, and towns - if you provide slides about the local attractions, food places, etc., then when your guests visit, they will have good ideas where to spend their time and money. Thus, they will be more satisfied with their stay at yours, and would have spent their money better. For corporations, artisans, etc. - by educating your audience in your field, you will help them become smarter customers, and make better purchases in the future and thus save money. [close]
Create bonds, trust, and gratitude between the user and your organization. ⇳
This will be a natural effect of gratitude for the received knowledge and consequent successes. [close]
- * Not all benefits apply to all organizations, and not all potential benefits may be listed.
- Museums, art galleries and science centers.
- Resorts, hotels, cruises, tour operators and travel agencies.
- Parks, gardens, nature reserves, zoos and aquariums.
- Schools, universities and libraries.
- Corporations, s.a. automotive, etc.
- Fashion designers.
- Communities and churches.
- Real estate agencies.
- Sports clubs and other clubs.
- Event organizers.
- Pet shops, gift shops, hobbyist, etc..
- Other types of businesses and organizations.